[Freedombox-discuss] [Fwd: RFP: Dudle -- server for web polls, AGPLv3]

hjenkins hjenkins at uvic.ca
Mon Jul 2 18:47:59 BST 2018

Apologies, I filed a duplicate bug. It will be merged to
... which has an owner.

This page, about DudEL, says that it is no longer maintained, and try
Bitpoll:
https://github.com/opatut/dudel

But this page, about DudLE, says that it is actively maintained, and
https://github.com/kellerben/dudle

I would like to rant about the stupid orthography of the English language
here, where "le" and "el" are pronounced the same way, and about the
tendency of German-speakers to import terrible English spelling
conventions into German, which generally has a much better
phoneme-grapheme correspondence, but that would be offtopic.

For clarity, I do not suggest adding Dud-iee-ell, as it is unmaintained
and deprecated, but Dud-ell-iee, which is actively maintained and
undeprecated.

It might be a good idea to ask Paul Bienkowski, the former maintainer of
the defunct Dud-iee-ell, to add a disambiguation to his Github page to
ensure that this misunderstanding is not repeated.

I have no objection to including Bitpoll as well, but as far as I can see
it's a totally separate project from Dud-ell-iee, and we could have both.

The last commit to Dud-ell-iee was less than a month ago. The main dev
(CC'd) seems just not to have made a release of his recent commits. The
blocker on the 2.0 release is an enhancement, though, so this is
perfectionism, not a serious bug in the code.
https://github.com/kellerben/dudle/milestones