[Freedombox-discuss] WebRTC: chatb and Jitsi Meet?

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Sun Jul 8 17:14:51 BST 2018

[DJ]
> Perhaps of interest for FreedomBox, the WebRTC application chatb?
>
> https://chatb.org/
>
> https://r-w-x.org/r/chatb.git
>
> Also, for a more feature-rich WebRTC instance, Jitsi Meet?
>
> https://github.com/jitsi/jitsi-meet

I would love a end to end encrypted WebRTC video chat solution working
over pagekite on my FreedomBox.

Given that you propose both, what are their relative merit, and why
would we consider chatb over jitsi-meet?  Are anyone working on
packaging these for Debian, which is a prerequisite for having software
that we know we have the source for and are able to fix in the future.
The reason I mention that, is that several javascript applications build
their stuff by downloading stuff from the Internet, which of course will
change in the future and most likely break future package builds.

--
Happy hacking
Petter Reinholdtsen