[Freedombox-discuss] option to get a free software freedombox on an orange pi one computer?

Jonas Smedegaard jonas at jones.dk
Sun Jun 24 22:50:40 BST 2018

Quoting a (2018-06-24 21:12:06)
> Post on armbian's forum told me about armbian in relation
> to free software. Armbian uses uboot for the orange pi one.
> It is not a priority regarding armbian to identify non
> free software.
> After installing armbian stretch on orange pi one you can
> run command
> apt purge iozone3 armbian-firmware
> Then probably there is no non free software on the
> computer.
> I will try it. Also try installing
> freedombox.

If you want free software then use a system created to be free.

If you pick a system that does not care about freedom and then try
remove the non-free parts, you are only fooling yourself.

Don't start from Ubuntu if you don't believe their policies.

Don't start from Debian if you don't believe our policies.

Don't start from Armbian if you don't believe their policies.