[Freedombox-discuss] How do we encourage public adoption of Freedom Box

Chuck rextv9 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 30 23:32:55 BST 2018

Hi,

I have been watching the Freedom Box initiative since February 2010, when Eben Moglin first kicked it off.  With the new public awareness of the lack of privacy using social media the time is ripe to reinvigorate the public discussion about the merits of Freedom Box.  Jaron Lanier author of delete your social media accounts has had a lot of media coverage recently.
Lanier TED Talk:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQ-PUXPVlosLanier appearance on ABC's the VIEW:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSGT1dvDUYoLanier's book:  https://www.amazon.com/Arguments-Deleting-Social-Media-Accounts/dp/125019668X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1530394793&sr=8-1&keywords=jaron+lanier&dpID=41A5b9TMwwL&preST=_SY291_BO1,204,203,200_QL40_&dpSrc=srch
This forum is primarily focused on Technical discussions, is there a better forum to make this proposal?
The advertiser based, centralized social media systems are not the answer for the future.  I suggest that having install fests, hands-on opportunities to install Freedom Box would go a long way towards getting public adoption.  The freedombox.org website has material that is over a year old.  Having worked with non-technical people the Freedom Box resources currently available appeal to technically competent computer users -- how we bridge that gap could have a tremendous effect on Freedom Box adoption.

I welcome your thoughts, comments, and suggestions.

Regards,Chuck Jewell