[Freedombox-discuss] Raspberry Pi image and wiki page instructions

Sébastien Barthélémy sebastien.barthelemy at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 10:15:06 UTC 2018

Hello,

I'd like to try out freedombox on an old Raspberry Pi that I have.

(I know that the Pi is under-powered for serious freedombox use, I do not
plan to use it seriously).

On the RaspberryPi page [1], it is written that images for the Pi are
available.
However I could not find one on the downloads page [2]. I only see a
"Raspberry Pi 2" image.

Would this image work on the Pi 1?

I did not dare to try and turned to freedom-maker instead.

Still, I feel the wiki page would need an update to either advise on using
freedom-maker or to be more specific on the image to use. Which change
would be the best?

Side note : the RaspberryPi3 [3] instructs on using the "Raspberry Pi 2"
image.

Thank you!

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/FreedomBox/Hardware/RaspberryPi
[2] https://freedombox.org/download/stable/