[Freedombox-discuss] FreedomBox Summit

Danny Haidar haidar at freedomboxfoundation.org
Thu Nov 8 02:42:29 GMT 2018

Hi everyone,

I want to open a discussion about the FreedomBox Foundation's upcoming
FreedomBox Summit. As we discussed on our progress call on October 13,
the FreedomBox Foundation is hosting a meeting in New York City on
Tuesday, November 13, 2018 with Sunil Mohan Adapa, James Valleroy, Eben
Moglen, and me. The aim of the meeting is to discuss the main challenges
facing the FreedomBox project and to plan for our future.

When I first announced this meeting on our progress call, I mentioned
that we want the agenda to include items recommended by the community. I
want to ask each of you on this discussion list to help us out with
this. In short, we are planning to discuss the most important issues
facing the FreedomBox project as we continue to grow, attract new users,
and expand into hardware sales. My questions for you: what do you think
are the most important challenges facing the FreedomBox project? What do
you want to see us do in the future? We want FreedomBox to become a
mainstream consumer privacy solution. What do you think we need to do
before we get to that point?

These questions are intentionally broad--please feel free to interpret
them however you wish and answer as narrowly or broadly as you'd like.
As I said, we want to give the community a voice in this meeting, so you
should feel free to raise any issue that you care about.

I will take note of all the questions I get and try my best to
incorporate your ideas into our agenda. You can feel free to email me
your ideas in this thread, or to my email address privately at
<haidar at freedomboxfoundation.org>. Alternatively, I also plan to bring
this up on our upcoming progress call this Saturday, November 10--so you
can bring your questions to that call if you want.

I hope to hear from many of you!

Best,

Danny

--
Danny Haidar
Vice-President for Product & Development