[Freedombox-discuss] unable to start sshd

znoteer at mailbox.org znoteer at mailbox.org
Tue Oct 16 19:00:11 BST 2018

Hello,

Freedombox on stable on a sheevaplug.  Primarily used for Radicale calendaring.

After the last update/upgrade, I have been unable to ssh in to my freedombox.  It doesn't start during system boot with the message "Failed to start OpenBSD Secure Shell server".

If I run "sudo systemctl start sshd" I get the message:

"Job for ssh.service failed because a fatal signal was delivered to the control process"

It then tells me to consult "systemctl status ssh.service" and "journalctl -xe".

"journalctl -xe" doesn't mention anything about ssh that I can see.  There are a  bunch of messages regarding plinth.

"systemctl status ssh.service" gives me:

"ssh.service: start request repeated too quickly"
"Failed to start OpenBSD Secure Shell server"
"ssh.service: unit entered failed state"
"ssh.service: Failed with result 'signal'"

Does anyone have any suggestions about what is going on and about how to fix it?

Thanks,

--
znoteer
znoteer at mailbox.org