[Freedombox-discuss] FreedomBox killer-app

Daddy daddy at autistici.org
Wed Sep 26 09:35:10 BST 2018

Hey Krzysztof!

I'm testing Mailpile right now (see signature below :) ) and I
find it very nice! The gmail-look-alike interface is sure nice
touch and welcoming to those of us migrating away from google
services, as is the ability to search large amount of messages.
Even better, the privacy focus of Mailpile (OpenPGP support,
encryption etc.) is in line with Freedombox philosophy.

As for why it is (and sadly, currently cannot be) included in
Freedombox: as wiki [1] notes, mailpile is not yet included in
official debian package repositories and so cannot be included in
Freedombox neither. Related bug has no progress since 2016 :(

Although Mailpile team provides debian package, it is not yet
included in official package repositories and is not even
install-able on debian testing (depends on spambayes which is not
yet included).

So, looks like Mailpile team has plans for official Debian
package - this will have to be done before it can be considered
for Freedombox.

D.

[1] - https://wiki.debian.org/FreedomBox/LeavingTheCloud

PS: I've just noticed that I'm replying to month-old message, oh
well.

Sent using Mailpile, Free Software from www.mailpile.is