[Freedombox-discuss] Tracking down the radicale problem.

Jonas Smedegaard jonas at jones.dk
Mon Apr 1 01:20:48 BST 2019

Quoting A. F. Cano (2019-04-01 00:11:58)
> On Wed, Mar 27, 2019 at 08:46:52AM +0100, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> > If you have configured Radicale to run with uWSGI (only, not also
> > itself listen on same port!) then you should first check the Apache2
> > logs if it received the requests you expect it to.  And then check
> > uWSGI logs if it received the requests Apache2 was configured to
> > proxy.
>
> The uwsgi logs only show the staring of the processes:
>
> Sun Mar 31 14:19:05 2019 - spawned uWSGI master process (pid: 945)
> Sun Mar 31 14:19:05 2019 - spawned uWSGI worker 1 (pid: 1390, cores: 4)
> Sun Mar 31 14:19:05 2019 - spawned uWSGI worker 2 (pid: 1391, cores: 4)
> Sun Mar 31 14:19:05 2019 - spawned uWSGI worker 3 (pid: 1392, cores: 4)

Besides the chatter for start and stop of uwsgi daemon itself, It should
have an entry corresponding with each entry in Apache access log.

> The example file I used
>
> /usr/share/doc/radicale/examples/apache2-vhost.conf
>
> and copied to
>
> etc/apache2/sites-available/events.example.org.conf
>
> per the instructions I found earlier either has a problem with the
> $(DOMAIN) or $(_DOMAIN) variables, or I'm not understanding how these
> are used.

You understood correctly: Thanks, you spotted yet another error in my
scripts!

> Not sure if this is important.  It's only a warning.

Could have been important, but luckily this variable affects only what
is promoted as webmaster contact address towards web browsers, so only
cosmetic.

> > > Does anyone have any idea what I'm missing? Somewhere I read that
> > > the data needed to be migrated in the upgrade from radicale 1.x to
> > > 2.x but it didn't say how.
> >
> > It is mentioned in /usr/share/doc/radicale/NEWS.Debian.gz
> >
> > Where did you try look for the information?
>
> I did a web search.  It probably came up with the NEWS.Debian.gz file
> above.
>
> I went looking further and found
>
> https://radicale.org/1to2/
>
> Per that page installed radicale 1.1
>
> dpkg -i python-radicale_1.1.6-4_all.deb

You should downgrade the "radicale" package too, to get the commandline
application.

Might be possible to make library calls but I wouldn't know how.