[Freedombox-discuss] trivial "app" for Freedombox

Joseph Nuthalapati njoseph at riseup.net
Wed Feb 13 11:27:59 GMT 2019

This is pretty much an undocumented Easter egg at this point (which we
should fix soon). I wrote the following notes earlier when I used this
feature.

Steps:

 1. Login via SSH into your FreedomBox
 2. Create a directory at /home/username/public_html
 3. Place the static files of your website in the above directory

Your website will be available on the path /~username on your
FreedomBox, e.g. https://familyname.freedombox.rocks/~username

Each user of your FreedomBox can have one such website.

A few months ago, I was thinking of making an automated pipeline from
saving a file on your desktop to seeing the web page go live on your
FreedomBox. There was already some discussion on this.
https://salsa.debian.org/freedombox-team/plinth/issues/1323