[Freedombox-discuss] Disable logging to syslog

Sunil Mohan Adapa sunil at medhas.org
Sun Jan 27 08:33:57 GMT 2019

On 26/01/19 10:23 pm, Gregor Horvath wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am using plinth form Debian Stable Stretch.
> Every HTTP GET request is logged to syslog.
> How can I disable this for non error requests?
>
> There is is also logging to /var/log/plinth which is enough for me.
> I did not find a configuration option for logging to syslog, nor code
> for it, nor a bug in the debian bugtracker.

Logging into syslog happens due to Plinth stdout getting captured by
systemd and output to journald and then to syslog.

To disable logging to syslog, the following might work (I have not fully
tested it):

$ cat <<EOF > /etc/systemd/system/plinth.service.d/override.conf
[Service]
StandardOutput=null
StandardError=null
EOF
$ systemctl daemon-reload
$ systemctl restart plinth

--
Sunil

PS: The latest version of Plinth only logs to stdout and systemd journal
and does not log to /var/log/plinth/. It also does not log access requests.