[Freedombox-discuss] trouble configuring letsencrypt, apache, subdomains...

Sunil Mohan Adapa sunil at medhas.org
Mon Mar 4 19:00:54 GMT 2019

On 03/03/19 8:21 am, Daddy wrote:
> Hello!
>
> What's the exact certificate error? Is the setup using separate
> certificates for each of the sites, or the same cert?
> If it's the latter, the certificate would have to be "wildcard"
> certificate, supporting multiple subdomains. Let's encrypt is issuing
> these kind of certificates for about a year, but as far as I know,
> freedombox is not using the option.

Indeed FreedomBox is not yet using this option. From what I remember
proving ownership of the domains for issuing wildcard certificates
requires a DNS based mechanism (not sure if other methods were
implemented later). In FreedomBox, we need to implement robust DNS
server handling (for Dynamic DNS and other cases too) before we can
start setting up wildcard certficates.

--
Sunil