[Freedombox-discuss] trouble configuring letsencrypt, apache, subdomains...

Sunil Mohan Adapa sunil at medhas.org
Mon Mar 4 19:09:08 GMT 2019

On 04/03/19 9:27 am, David Mintz wrote:
[...]
> SSL connection using TLSv1.2 / ECDHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384
> * ALPN, server accepted to use http/1.1
> * Server certificate:
> *  subject: CN=freedombox
> *  start date: Dec 21 18:54:29 2018 GMT
> *  expire date: Dec 18 18:54:29 2028 GMT
> *  issuer: CN=freedombox
> *  SSL certificate verify result: self signed certificate (18), continuing anyway.
>> HEAD / HTTP/1.1
>> Host: lin-chi.dyndns.org
>> Accept: */*
>
> And I think this is weird because it the vhost config really does point to a certificate that was in fact was issued by LetsEncrypt, and which was working perfectly up until I moved it all from its former machine to the freedombox.
>
> I thought of trying to get a new certificate but to my surprise, on the freedombox certbot said it could not configure my web server -- and I could not figure out the cert-only method.

The certificate is actually the self-signed certificate that is used
when specific domain configuration does not exist. This is not the
certificate of the already configured subdomain.

This can only mean that configuration for the new domain was not
created/activated properly (spelling mistakes, placed in incorrect
directory etc.). Check that it was actually enabled properly. Apache's
debug logging should help understand the problem.

[...]

--
Sunil