[Freedombox-discuss] trouble configuring letsencrypt, apache, subdomains...

David Mintz david at davidmintz.org
Mon Mar 4 20:44:22 GMT 2019

@Sunil thank you for this clear and thorough explanation. I think I've now got a better handle on the issues and will be able to fix.

And thank you for Freedombox.

Thought experiment:  Suppose you just disable the RedirectMatch "^/$ ..."  and use one and the same domain for serving both your personal site and plinth/freedombox apps? (sounds like the implication below is that you can do that). I am trying to imagine any reason one would regret the decision, other than  having to navigate explicitly to /plinth when you need it.

I will have to get back home to play with it, I'm not even sure if I'm on 19.2 or something else. I think by default we get automatic upgrades, right? I hesitate to fool with configuration through the web interface alone and no shell access.

Anyway, thanks again.

On Mon, Mar 4, 2019, at 1:56 PM, Sunil Mohan Adapa wrote:
> On 02/03/19 10:27 pm, David Mintz wrote:
> [...]
> > I also notice that it tries to redirect me to /plinth, which I see
> > coming from the directive in freedombox.conf (which I gather is
> > global, not sure how I go about overriding that just for this vhost).
>
> Just released version 19.2 allows you set the home page to 'Apache
> Default' that will pick up the index.html page in /var/www/html . On an
> older version you can edit /etc/apache/conf-available/freedombox.conf
> and change the 'RedirectMatch "^/$" "/plinth"' to what ever you wish.
> (This manual change will require you to answer a conffile prompt for
> next version of FreedomBox package upgrade, due to a small oversight.
> After that the file that will contain the redirection is
> /etc/apache/conf-available/freedombox-apache-default.conf).
> [snip]

---
David Mintz
https://davidmintz.org