[Freedombox-discuss] coquelicot on Raspberry Pi 3 B+ (white page).

Joseph Nuthalapati njoseph at riseup.net
Thu Mar 14 05:40:25 GMT 2019

Jacobo,

We have to find a fix for Coquelicot or an alternative soon.

Meanwhile, there are a couple of centralized alternatives that I can
feel comfortable using myself.

1. Firefox Send - https://send.firefox.com
2. Framadrop - https://framadrop.org

Both the above services do client-side encryption of the file.
Coquelicot doesn't do this, but the file is stored on your own
FreedomBox server. It is worth mentioning here that Firefox Send is
hosted on the Google Cloud Platform.

We are also considering the software behind framadrop.org as a potential
replacement for Coquelicot. It's called Lufi [1].

I wouldn't recommend the above cloud-based alternatives in high risk
scenarios. The safest alternative I know of would be Onionshare [2], a
desktop application which runs over the tor network.

1. https://git.framasoft.org/fiat-tux/hat-softwares/lufi
2. https://onionshare.org/