[Freedombox-discuss] Unable to get certificate

Jon Carriel joncarriel at protonmail.com
Fri May 3 21:42:23 BST 2019

Hi.  I'm having trouble with some basic configuration of my brand new FreedomBox, which I think is probably more due to my computer's pre-existing configuration rather than the FBox, but it's stalling my progress nonetheless, and I'm hoping someone can point the way out of the loop.

I'm working with a Windows 7 PC armed with Kaspersky Internet Security.  When I try to arrange Dynamic DNS at gnudip, I get the following:
  The computer that connected to GnuDIP has IP address 74.72.120.142
  GnuDIP cannot determine if 74.72.120.142 is the IP address of your computer.
  Java is not enabled in your browser.

The trouble is, I haven't a clue how to fix this.  I've tried TOR(Firefox) Browser, Chrome, and I.E., but can't find an option to enable Java anywhere.  (And I thought enabling it was a security no-no anyway?)   GnuDIP's inability to read my IP apparently interferes with certificate acquisition.

The other problem may be that I have no idea how to change a "port,"  which apparently is necessary too.

Any assistance would be appreciated.   JON CARRIEL