[Freedombox-discuss] RFC: Improve udev compatibility

Sunil Mohan Adapa sunil at medhas.org
Sun May 19 02:17:08 BST 2019

On 17/05/19 1:47 pm, Florian Boor wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to propose a minor change to improve compatibility with older udev
> releases. I do not know offhand when the --settle parameter was introduced, but
> it seems to be missing both in Debian Stretch and Ubuntu LTS.
>
> The attached patch splits the command into a trigger and a settle call. Its not
> exactly the same as --settle but should be valid as well.

Thank you for the patch. I merged it.

As far as I could tell from the man page, the split operation should
work just like the old operation (except waiting for unnecessary
events). I tried building an image with the patch and it worked as
expected. Grub picked up the correct value for UUID of the file system.
The correct UUID also ended up in /etc/fstab. I was able to boot the
image too.

--
Sunil