[Freedombox-discuss] FreedomBox's new community-building initiative

Danny Haidar haidar at freedomboxfoundation.org
Mon Oct 7 22:19:30 BST 2019

Hi everyone,

I am pleased to announce the launch of a new community-building
initiative: the Contributor Invites program. "Contributor Invites" are
small, approachable tasks that the FreedomBox community needs help with.
Members of the FreedomBox core team will post requests for help with
coding, design, development, documentation, localization, and testing
tasks to the FreedomBox Forum; these tasks will be referred to as
“Contributor Invites.”

Most of these tasks are beginner-level — and that is by design. The
Contributor Invite program is primarily a community-building effort: its
purpose is to offer a gateway into the FreedomBox contributor community.
By posting approachable, well-defined tasks to our forum, we hope to
make it easier for new contributors to join our community.

We launch this program with six Contributor Invites in the areas of
coding, documentation, localization, and testing. You can find them all
in the designated category of our forum:
https://discuss.freedombox.org/c/contributor-invites

Full details of this news are here:
https://freedomboxfoundation.org/news/launching_contributor_invites/

Please share this news with anyone who might be interested! We are
trying really hard to grow our community. Forwarding this to any
relevant people and communities you know of would be a big help.

Best,

Danny

--
Danny Haidar*
Vice-President for Product & Development

* Not admitted to practice law in any jurisdiction.
Nothing in this email constitutes legal advice.
I cannot establish any attorney-client relationships.