[Freedombox-discuss] OpenVPN slow

Paul van der Vlis paul at vandervlis.nl
Tue Jun 23 15:09:09 BST 2020

Hello,

I have installed an OpenVPN client on the Freedombox (hardware from
Olimex), using the commandline. All traffic from eth1 (homenetwork) goes
to an OpenVPN server in an virutal machine on the internet.  Download is
about 20 Mbit/s.

client  ---- freedombox --- internet --- openvpnserver --- internet

But when I run OpenVPN on the client and not at the Freedombox, I get
over 80 Mbit/s download.

Do you have any idea why it is so slow running OpenVPN on the
Freedombox?  Is there maybe some kind of limit for processes?
When I look at top during the test, the load is about 0.48. So not high.

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis

https://www.vandervlis.nl/