[Freedombox-discuss] Janus as a video chat service in Freedombox

Jonas Smedegaard jonas at jones.dk
Thu Nov 26 15:42:42 GMT 2020

Quoting Petter Reinholdtsen (2020-11-26 15:45:23)
> So, Jonas mentioned Janus as a useful video chat alternative to
> include in FreedomBox.  I would love to have a solution working out of
> the box on my Freedombox, available via Pagekite.  What is needed to
> get it working?  Should it be based on the demo available from <URL:
> https://janus.debian.net/ > or what is the recommended solution?

What I recommend is to first...

  * play with the Janus Demo, and play with [Jangouts]

If agreed that is seems useful, then...

  * package Jangouts officially for Debian

Finally...

  * integrate Janus, Jangouts and coturn with FreedomBox

 - Jonas

[Jangouts]: https://github.com/jangouts/jangouts.git