[Freedombox-discuss] Element (matrix-synapse client) problems. More info, pointing to server.

A. F. Cano afc54 at comcast.net
Tue Sep 29 13:16:30 BST 2020

On Mon, Sep 28, 2020 at 10:23:53PM +0200, permondes - sagen wrote:
>    Isn't there also an update to matrix-synapse waiting to be installed with
>    20.14.1? Maybe that already helps?
>    Dietmar

Surprisingly, when I woke up this morning, the element icon didn't have
the red X any more and the not accessible error message was gone.  I
could add the room and invite a user to an existing room, so things are
back to normal.  Not sure what happened.  Some libs got upgraded on the
FreedomBox overnight but they don't appear to be obviously related to
matrix-synapse.

I have encountered this situation (the red X appearing randomly and then
disappearing a few days later) but it didn't affect video conferencing
between established users in existing rooms.  This time I found out that
it does affect room creation and invitations, at least.

So, problem solved for now...  Thanks for the suggestions.  I have
installed wireshark and will learn how to use it in case it happens
again.

>..

Augustine