[Freedombox-discuss] [GSoC21] Interest in FreedomBox email project

Steven Chamberlain steven at pyro.eu.org
Sun Apr 11 21:39:56 BST 2021

Hi Petter,

Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [hjenkins]
> > Yes. Since it needs some database, MariaDB or whatever; having a choice
> > would be good.
>
> Given that the FreedomBox already provide user information using the
> LDAP database, I suspect LDAP is a better choice.

Thanks for pointing that out. LDAP (assuming it is using LMDB
underneath) should be easily performant enough, both Exim and Postfix
can use it, and if someone wants to set up a larger email server
alongside FreedomBox, they can query the LDAP database over a network.

Kind regards,
--
Steven Chamberlain