[Freedombox-discuss] Cannot connect to radicale from phones after installing new image.

A. F. Cano afc54 at comcast.net
Wed Dec 22 19:30:42 GMT 2021

On Tue, Dec 21, 2021 at 01:17:05AM +0100, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> Quoting A. F. Cano (2021-12-20 23:32:57)
> > On to search for another phone that can be rooted on which a
> > non-locked up version of android can be installed. Replicant, lineage
> > OS, others? any suggestions?
>
> I have collected some notes on phones I find reasonable (removable
> battery, rootable), and systems maintaining support for those phones,
> and a few shops maybe still selling them - also options cheaper than
> Librem 5 and PinePhone (although obviously those are most recommended):
> https://source.redpill.dk/system-phone/tree/GET.md

Very interesting.  Thanks.  Last time I looked around there wasn't even
one such phone available.  The only options were very old phones with
replicant or lineage OS.  As it is, even if I could justify the
apple-like prices of the librem 5, or the more reasonable pine phones,
there are months of delays (for the pine phones, at least).  Even an old
Galaxy S3 will take a month+ from China.  Still it's good to know these
options exist.

>  - Jonas
>
> --
>  * Jonas Smedegaard - idealist & Internet-arkitekt
>  * Tlf.: +45 40843136  Website: http://dr.jones.dk/
>
>  [x] quote me freely  [ ] ask before reusing  [ ] keep private

Augustine