[Freedombox-discuss] Cannot connect to radicale from phones after installing new image.

Diederik de Haas didi.debian at cknow.org
Wed Dec 22 21:55:00 GMT 2021

On Wednesday, 22 December 2021 20:17:25 CET A. F. Cano wrote:
> > https://salsa.debian.org/freedombox-team/freedombox/-/commit/
> > 956b17da062715990024684be6c969c4e40d21c7 is the commit where that
> > happened.
> >
> > You _could_ remove "-TLSv1.1" from the SSLProtocol line (39), but do
> > realize
> ...  I replaced the line:
>
> SSLProtocol all -SSLv3 -TLSv1 -TLSv1.1
>
> with
>
> SSLProtocol all
>
> But nothing changed

I first wrote a reply mentioning there was another part of that commit and
suggested to try reverting that too. But I just looked better at the commit
history and noticed that support for GnuTLS was completely dropped.

> > that if you do that, you ARE compromising the security of your freedombox!
> > (which you can verify by doing another test at ssllabs.com)
>
> Understood.  I only want to connect once successfully so I can load my
> addressbook/calendar/todo list on the "new" phone so I have something
> usable while I upgrade the old one.

I'm not going to *try* suggesting more approaches which would further reduce
the security of your fbx. I was already very reluctant with my previous mail.
If you can export your addressbook/calendar/todo via another device, you could
put it on your phone another way (with possibly another app).
But don't spend too much time on that, that time is better spend in upgrading
your phone's OS, even if it means temporary not having access to all
information on all devices.

Good luck!