[Freedombox-discuss] Wiki/Help translations

Sunil Mohan Adapa sunil at medhas.org
Sun Jun 20 17:28:04 BST 2021

On 03/12/20 4:43 am, Fioddor Superconcentrado wrote:
> El mié, 2 dic 2020 a las 21:17, permondes - sagen (<sagen at permondes.de
> <mailto:sagen at permondes.de>>) escribió:
>
>     Am Mittwoch, den 02.12.2020, 18:11 +0100 schrieb Fioddor
>     Superconcentrado:
>
>>     P.S. The german translation of the wiki/help pages also needs a
>>     lot of work and contributing translations is a great way to learn
>>     about how to deal with the system.
>
>     I did a lot of work on it when I started using the FreedomBox in
>     2015 (celebrating my 5 years now :-). My name there: Drahtseil.
>     I stopped working on it, when it was decided to set up the separate
>     web page freedombox.org <http://freedombox.org>. My impression was
>     that eventually the manual should have moved there. Is this still
>     planned?
>
> I slowly joined in 2019, and I haven't heard about that. I have heard
> that there's a wish to migrate from Debian wiki (MoinMoin) to any other
> user-friendlier wiki in order to spur user participation. But I don't
> see it coming soon, either.

On one hand, we have a strong desire to reuse Debian infrastructure as
much as possible and on the other hand we have the problems with the
current wiki. There is some recent discussion to start addressing the
problem[1]. Hope it will make progress, otherwise we could consider
setting up our own wiki.

Links:

1) https://salsa.debian.org/debian/grow-your-ideas/-/issues/2

--