[Freedombox-discuss] BIND not working, or am I minunderstanding something?

James Valleroy jvalleroy at mailbox.org
Sun May 30 14:00:40 BST 2021

On 5/9/21 3:41 PM, A. F. Cano wrote:

> Should dhcp or dnsmasq be running?
There are some open issues regarding Bind and shared network connections:

https://salsa.debian.org/freedombox-team/freedombox/-/issues/707

"When a network interface is configured with the "shared" addressing method,
NetworkManager will start a dnsmasq instance for that connection, providing
DHCP and DNS. However, if bind is enabled, we want to use that for DNS instead."

https://salsa.debian.org/freedombox-team/freedombox/-/issues/1570

"Currently, when Bind is running, network manager can't create shared
connections due clash in port numbers. Fix this by configuring Network
Manager not to launch it's own DNS resolver."

--
James