[Freedombox-discuss] FreedomBox 21.14 released

Sunil Mohan Adapa sunil at medhas.org
Tue Nov 23 19:38:05 GMT 2021

On 11/23/21 08:18, Sam Hartman wrote:

>      James>  * tt-rss: Allow selection of a domain name
>
> Is this important enough to go into stable-updates rather than
> stable-backports?

This is a relatively minor feature. The selected domain is used by the
tt-rss web interface and is not needed by the mobile apps. The web
interface also does not use it in typical use cases. It is used in cases
such using keyboard shortcut 'o' and getting an RSS feed from tt-rss
itself. When the app was made available long ago, we didn't realize
these cases existed and only recently the issue was reported. tt-rss was
expected to work on all domains instead of a need for selecting a single
domain.

Further, on machines with freedombox installed, freedombox will
whitelist itself for upgrade from backports repository by default
(unless user disables this during initial setup). So, all stable users
typically get what we upload to backports.

--
Sunil