[Freedombox-discuss] Ikiwiki tables not working. What am I missing?

A. F. Cano afc54 at comcast.net
Mon Oct 25 20:39:01 BST 2021

Hi,

I have found these 2 places that provide some info, but they're either
incomplete, inaccurate for the FreedomBox version, or I'm missing some
add-on.

https://ikiwiki.iki.fi/wiki/syntax
https://ikiwiki.info/ikiwiki/directive/table/

The first one doesn't even mention that you need to add (first!) the
[[!table directive.  Once I did that I was informed that I was missing
teh Text?SCV perl package.  After adding that, by installing the
following packages:

libtext-csv-perl and libtext-csv-xs-perl

the error disappeared, but I see no formatted table in the page
preview.  A simple test with this code from the first page:

[[!table  data="""
^           Table with alignment           ^^^
|         right|    center    |left          |
|left          |         right|    center    |
| xxxxxxxxxxxx | xxxxxxxxxxxx | xxxxxxxxxxxx |
"""]]

with the first and last line added, doesn't show a formatted table in
the page preview, only this:

^ Table with alignment ^^^
| right| center |left |
|left | right| center |
| xxxxxxxxxxxx | xxxxxxxxxxxx | xxxxxxxxxxxx |

The title is in bold and the font matches the rest of the page preview
but no table formatting.

Am I missing some required package for ikiwiki tables to work?

Thanks.

Augustine