[Freedombox-discuss] PDF on android device

Joseph Nuthalapati njoseph at riseup.net
Sun Apr 3 10:30:08 BST 2022

On 10/03/22 19:04, Geert Stappers wrote:

> Hello,
>

> I seek your advice for getting a PDF on android device.
>
> Summary of https://f-droid.org/en/packages/org.freedombox.freedombox/
> is "A companion app for your FreedomBox server"
>
> Would that android app help with getting a PDF from a freedombox
> to a android?
>

> Use case is having a PDF with a (QR)code that most be shown
> at e.g. entrance  (Concert ticket,  Cinema ticket)
> The PDF is available at FBX.
>
> Which solution are you, freedombox-discuss at alioth-lists.debian.net
> subscribers, using for this "problem"?
>

> Do known that the true "problem" of me is a mix of
> * using a "smart" phone as just as a telephone
> * using a computer for email (PDF arrived by email (no emailclient on
> * the smartphone.)
> * not anymore having a working printer
>

> Do known that I would be helped with responses like:
> * The android "foo" app and freedombox app "baz" combination works for me
> * Android emailclient "bazfoo" can show PDF-attachments
> * Put the PDF on a webserver, use the duck-duck-go-webbrowser and you are good
>

> Cheers
> Geert Stappers

Here is what my workflow looks like for a movie ticket.

- Download the QR code of the ticket in an image or PDF format from the
vendor's website and store it in a Syncthing folder.
- Ensure Syncthing is running on the Android device and the file is
synced. This can also be done later if you have mobile data, since the
file would've already been synced to the FreedomBox server.
- Use Gallery or a PDF viewer like muPDF on the Android device to
display the QR code at the entrance.

--
Regards,
Joseph Nuthalapati