[Freedombox-discuss] Any FreedomBox app that can do video conferencing, beside matrix?

Jonas Smedegaard jonas at jones.dk
Sat Jan 15 13:16:11 GMT 2022

Quoting Petter Reinholdtsen (2022-01-15 12:15:49)
> [Jonas Smedegaard]
> > An alternative in Debian and possible to add to FreedomBox is janus,
> > but that requires more work (little bit for same interface as
> > author's live demo at
> > https://janus.conf.meetecho.com/videoroomtest.html - more work
> > mainly on web-design for a more polished experience).  I maintain
> > janus in Debian and would love help improving its off-the-shelf
> > usability.
>
> Can you recommend a recipe for this?

 1a) sudo apt install apache2
 1b) setup apache2 TLS certificate handling
 2a) sudo apt install coturn
 2b) setup coturn TLS certificate handling
 2c) setup coturn access rights
 3a) sudo apt install janus
 3b) setup janus TLS certificate handling
 3c) setup janus to bind https and wss only to loopback interface
 3d) setup apache2 vhost reverse proxying https and wss for janus
 4a) (enable contrib packages, and) sudo apt install janus-demos
 4b) setup apache2 vhost serving contents of janus-demos

Steps 1* and 2* might already be done adequately on FreedomBox (but
possibly not 2c).

What needs help is...

 a) test the above steps and provide me feedback
 b) package 3 small Node.js modules so janus-demos can move to main
    <https://sources.debian.org/src/janus/0.11.6-1/debian/TODO/>
 c) create fork of janus-demos and redesign to not look like a demo