[Freedombox-discuss] How to change default LAN network

Link Swanson link at mustbuild.com
Wed Jan 26 13:04:11 GMT 2022

On a two-interface box with WAN + LAN interfaces, WAN having a public IP
from ISP, Freedombox sets up a default ipv4 IP for the LAN interface with
10.42.0.1 and the default DHCP server hands out leases between 10.42.0.10
and 10.42.0.254. This is great, but I need to change it.

How do I change the LAN subnet? Say I need it to be something like, e.g.,
192.168.1.0/24. What steps should I take to ensure that Freedombox LAN
interface IP, DHCP services, and internal DNS all switch over to using the
192.168.x.x network and no longer use the 10.42.x.x network?

Can I accomplish this from within plinth? If not, which conf files do I
change and/or which commands do I need to run with nmcli? Is there anything
to consider before making such a change?

Thank you in advance for sharing your knowledge and advice.