[Freedombox-discuss] Problems with searx have returned

A. F. Cano afc54 at comcast.net
Thu Jul 21 03:02:33 BST 2022

On Fri, Dec 27, 2019 at 07:00:53PM -0500, A. F. Cano wrote:
> Hi,
>
> From multiple internal machines:
>
> Once the searx screen is displayed and I put something in the search
> field, after hitting <CR> quite ofben I get:
>
> Sorry! we didn't find any results.  Please use another query or search
> in more categories.
>
> If I try again and again, eventually I get the search results page to
> display, but it sometimes takes 5, 6 ot 7 tries.

The same has been happening recently, for a few weeks now.  It seems to
be some timing issue.  When it works, I only get answers from bing, with
the URLs from bing.  Only when I click on them do I get the real URL.  I
suppose this is how bing works, but I rarely see any responses from
other search engines.  If I go directly to duckduckgo, hundreds of
results.  Has anyone else seen this?  I was wating for the problem to go
away but it hasn't.  Since the first email from 2019, the problem got
fixed but it reappeared.

Augustine