[Freedombox-discuss] Mastodon?

James Valleroy jvalleroy at mailbox.org
Sun Nov 20 17:12:54 GMT 2022

On 11/10/22 1:56 PM, A. F. Cano wrote:

> Even though there is an app on the FreedomBox already (Postfix/Dovecot),
> it doesn't work with the freedombox.rocks domain.  Any idea when this is
> going to change? The documentation says it is in the works.

I agree this is important, and I hope we can work on it soon. Currently
we are fixing issues for Bookworm release, but I think the DDNS server
can be the next focus.

But note that this likely won't be sufficient for sending email from a
home server, due to ISPs blocking outgoing email port.

On 11/10/22 4:46 PM, Diederik de Haas wrote:
 > There seems to be possible alternative clients for the Fediverse
though and it
 > was mentioned on #debian-til yesterday.
 > For one of them, a RFP bug was filed: https://bugs.debian.org/1023749.
 > See also https://bugs.debian.org/859741#49 for links to alternatives.

I have started working on snac2 packaging here:
https://salsa.debian.org/debian/snac2