[Freedombox-discuss] ARM64 board for Debian/Freedombox

Jonas Smedegaard jonas at jones.dk
Sat Sep 10 17:54:46 BST 2022

Quoting Evelyn Pereira Souza via Freedombox-discuss (2022-09-10 16:06:14)
> I have little experience with Raspberry OS and Raspberry PI. I made a
> seedbox with it using rtorrent.
>
> Now I want something more open, Open Source. Therefore pure Debian and a
> more open hardware than the Raspberry.
>
> I looked which HW is supported by Freedombox and then if the hardware is
> Open Source and sold locally (toppreise.ch). I don't wish to import
> anything.
>
> Thereby I came to the decision to buy BeagleBone Black. Now I see it
> seems to be more complicated than Raspberry, for example there are no
> StarterKits.
>
> Which HW do you recommend me, someone with small HW knowledge? My
> software skills are a bit better, I can handle the commandline.

It is not clear to me where you have already looked, but it sounds like
you would appreciate the list curated here:
https://wiki.debian.org/CheapServerBoxHardware#Recommended

More specifically, since you ended at Beagle Bone, I recommend that you
look at those marked as OSHW.