[Freedombox-discuss] Message from Sergio

Fioddor Superconcentrado fioddor at gmail.com
Mon Apr 17 12:56:30 BST 2023

> I have installed ejabberd on my Freedombox, but I can't find the account
> credentials needed by a XMPP client.

Please read
https://wiki.debian.org/FreedomBox/Manual/ejabberd#Registering_FreedomBox_users_to_use_XMPP

> I'm planning to use my account for worldwide communication.

Also, I already have a domain name. Can I use it,

You can use your domain name.
Please read
https://wiki.debian.org/FreedomBox/Manual/ejabberd#Setting_the_Domain_Name

>  or Freedombox does work with domains provided by its Dynamic DNS services
> only?

The Dynamic DNS app of your FreedomBox doesn't provide you with a domain
name. It just keeps your domain name pointing to your dynamic (changing) IP
address.

The (sub)domain providers mentioned in the Dynamic DNS documentation are
suggested as fallback solutions for users that don't have a full-fledged
internet domain.