[Freedombox-discuss] Upgrading pagekite in unstable

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Fri Feb 24 06:01:50 GMT 2023

Lately I have been looking a bit on the pagekite package in Debian.  I
did some polishing on the package in unstable, and uploaded the latest
upstream version to experimental.  The changes between unstable and
experimental are listed as such by upstream in doc/HISTORY.txt:

  v1.5.2.201011
  -------------
   - Fix the bundled CA certificate for Sectigo

  v1.5.2.200725
  -------------
   - Make --ca_certs no longer part of --defaults
   - Disable CA certificate checking in the distant future
   - Try harder to survive OpenSSL write-retry errors on backend

I've tested the packages on my freedombox, which uses pagekite, and my
reverse tunnel come up with version 1.5.2.201011-1 just fine.

Any objections to migrating version 1.5.2.201011-1 to unstable and
testing?

Anyone with negative test experiences using the experimental version?
--
Happy hacking
Petter Reinholdtsen