[Freedombox-discuss] FYI: FreedomBox upgrades, qemu.

A. F. Cano afc54 at comcast.net
Mon Jul 10 22:44:42 BST 2023

On Mon, Jul 10, 2023 at 10:46:04PM +0200, Diederik de Haas wrote:
> On Monday, 10 July 2023 21:52:09 CEST A. F. Cano wrote:
> > I might stop it or let it run a little longer, but for how long?  Would
> > another day or two let it finish the upgrade? or will it require another
> > 10? 20?
>
> If it's running for an hour and I don't get any feedback indicating it's still
> 'doing things', then *I* would conclude something went wrong/crashed.

It is doing things.  Htop on the host machine shows 2 qemu sub-processes
running at close to 100% cpu usage for 2 cores, as specified in the qemu
command line.  The web interface responds to all clicks.  Not too
quickly, but it's working.  I can click "shut down" in the drop down
menu and it will warn me to reconsider as there is an update in
progress.