[Freedombox-discuss] New FreedomBox install, a few show stopper problems.

A. F. Cano afc54 at comcast.net
Mon Jul 24 19:56:28 BST 2023

On Sun, Jul 23, 2023 at 05:59:38PM -0400, I wrote:

> I have contacted the developers of syncthing and they are aware of the
> problem and intend to fix it at some point.  This problem is that even
> though both the syncthing client and server are on the inside network
> and therefore should not need access to sites outside, access to who
> knows what outside is necessary for it to sync.

I mis-wrote.  Even though syncthing also suffers from this issue, the
people I contacted were the developers of DavX (which talks to Radicale
on the FreedomBox).  Another case of client and server being on the
internal network and somehow needing access to the external internet in
order to sync.  I was told that some pretty massive re-write has recently
been done to DavX 5 and this issue will soon be fixed.

Sorry for the confusion.

Augustine