[Freedombox-discuss] Backups stopped working. Where are the logs? How do I debug this?

A. F. Cano afc54 at comcast.net
Tue Nov 21 20:39:32 GMT 2023

On Sat, Oct 14, 2023 at 03:03:33PM -0400, A. F. Cano wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 13, 2023 at 04:18:26PM -0700, Sunil Mohan Adapa wrote:

> > It appears that sshfs has left the mount point in a stale state. Please try
> > 'sudo umount /media/054e54ca-da9c-11ec-abca-000db93f92a8' and then run backup
> > again. I reboot should also work.

This problem happened again.  The computer where the remote backups are
stored froze for an unrelated reason and I had to do a hard power-off
(by holding the power off for a few seconds).  After the reboot backups
from the FreedomBox started failing again.  I did the umount as
explained above, and again /media/054e54ca-da9c-11ec-abca-000db93f92a8
looked ok but was still unmounted.  After running a manual backup:

$ sudo ls -l /media/054e54ca-da9c-11ec-abca-000db93f92a8
total 756
-rw------- 1 fbx fbx    209 May 23  2022 config
drwx------ 1 fbx fbx   4096 Oct  8 03:02 data
-rw------- 1 fbx fbx  97423 Nov 21 14:44 hints.4197
-rw------- 1 fbx fbx 656458 Nov 21 14:44 index.4197
-rw------- 1 fbx fbx    190 Nov 21 14:44 integrity.4197
-rw------- 1 fbx fbx     73 May 23  2022 README

But then I got this:

502 Proxy Error

Proxy Error
The proxy server could not handle the request

Apache/2.4.57 (Debian) Server at fbx Port 443

But it seems the backup is still going.  A refresh of the page did
nothing for a while and then:

500
This is an internal error and not something you caused or can fix.
Please report the error on the bug tracker so we can fix it. Also,
please attach the status log to the bug report.

After a while, after more refreshes, the web interface is ok and the
latest manual backup shows in the list of Existing Backups, so problem
solved, it seems.

Augustine