[Freedombox-discuss] Is there a way to contact an administrator of ddns.freedombox.org?

Nate Bargmann n0nb at n0nb.us
Sat Oct 28 16:36:26 BST 2023

Hi.

Here is my dilemma.  I have had Dynamic DNS set up in my Freedombox for
several years.  Yesterday I swapped routers to upgrade OpenWRT and
naturally my ISP's DNS assigned a different IP address.  Later in the
evening I discovered I had no inbound access using the DNS name and
found that the DNS record is still pointing to the prior IP address.

Looking at the journal on the Freedombox I saw no obvious errors on each
five minute run of plinth dynamic DNS but each entry shows the prior IP
address and the correct new external IP address.  My attempt to use the
"Forgotten Password" button on the GnuDIP Web page of
ddns.freedombox.org resulted on an error message of no email address on
file.  I found that I originally configured my Freedombox through
gnudip.datasystems24.net and it apparently no longer handles
freedombox.rocks domains.  I cannot log into either site with my
original password so I am stuck!

Would it be possible for a ddns.freedombox.org administrator to add an
email address to my account record so I can change the password?  I have
used this domain in several places and I'd like to retain the domain I
have rather than create a new one.

TIA

- Nate

Web: https://www.n0nb.us