[Freedombox-discuss] SOLVED: Ikiwiki setup item has no effect, displays only last 10 entries.

A. F. Cano afc54 at comcast.net
Thu Jul 18 00:57:00 BST 2024

I was obviously misunderstanding what the numbacklinks variable does.
Thanks to the respondent in a separate thread, I was able to login to
ikiwiki.info, posted my question there:

https://ikiwiki.info/forum/Can__39__t_get_ikiwiki_to_display_more_than_10_posts./?updated#comment-4d941eb8f24aabcf60bd66efc847e0f5

and got an answer.  In the /var/lib/ikisiki/<blog name> there is a file
called index.mdwn.  In it there is this line:

[[!inline pages="page(./posts/*) and !*/Discussion" show="10"

The show="10" needs to be replaced with a auitably large number to
display all my blog entries.  I chose 100.  Then, the blog needs to be
rebuilt.  This is done when changing certain variables from the "setup"
page.  I changed the

how many backlinks to show before hiding excess (0 to show all)

entry to 100.  This is what sets numbacklinks, and it triggers a
rebuild.  After that, all my blog posts are displayed in the first page.