[Freedombox-discuss] setting up freedombox for international file interchange

Hugh hugh at infomenta.com
Tue May 14 01:48:28 BST 2024

Hi,

I ran across FB last week and I thought that this is just what we need !!

However, being a newby I'm asking the experienced (experts) for advice.

Here's the problem:

We are still a small group but we work around the world (established in
Denmark and Canada so far) and would like to archive / interchange
documents - not many - maybe 5-10 a month at present but hopefully more
as we get going. And, also extend to some of the other communication
tools that you have (so kindly) made available:

To date I have:

1. implemented FB on a pi and

2. have had our ISP hook it up to a domain on their server (seems to
work well)

3. installed SAMBA (hoping that it would be sufficient - however it
appears that SAMBA only interchanges on LANs)

4. looked at SYNCTHING - but decided to write to you for advice before
going on.

Would this work? Transferring files from our desktops / laptops using
SAMBA to the local FB installation (in the country we happen to be in at
the time) then using SYNCTHING to move (sync) the files to the other FB
installation in the other country?

Thank you for your time & thank you for the effort and ingenuity put
into this project (not the least - the documentation that is very good -
having worked with doc. for many years I understand and appreciate the
effort that you have made)

Sincerely
/Hugh Tucker

+1 (250) 508 1229