[Fsf-Debian] No response?

Paul van der Vlis paul at vandervlis.nl
Fri Aug 3 11:31:05 UTC 2012

Ah, a response of myself ;-)

Op 03-08-12 11:19, Paul van der Vlis schreef:
> First step could be to move everything from non-free and contrib to a
> repository of another organization, let's call it "debian-nonfree" (but
> we could also choose a name without "Debian" in it).

Maybe "non-free" or "nonfree" would be better.
Ah, I see Stefano already owns the domain nonfree.org.

> This should be only a little change, so the goal is not directly to come
> on the FSF-free list, only to make steps in this direction and to make
> Debian 100% open source.

In the beginning we could be 'friendly' to such a nonfree organization.
E.g. make a disabled line in /etc/apt/sources.list and make references
to it on debian.org etc. But it could be a release goal for Jessie +1 to
remove those references.

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.

--
Paul van der Vlis Linux systeembeheer, Groningen
http://www.vandervlis.nl