[Fsf-Debian] No response?

Paul van der Vlis paul at vandervlis.nl
Fri Aug 3 16:44:31 UTC 2012

Op 03-08-12 17:42, Ben Finney schreef:
> Paul van der Vlis <paul at vandervlis.nl> writes:
>
>> In the statutes of the organization we could write that the
>> organization will do what Debian decides.
>
> How would that organisation be meaningfully distinct from the Debian
> project, then?

It would make it possible for Debian to remove the non-free and contrib
section on a way where it is not a big problem for the users who want to
use such software.

I use e.g. firmware for my wlan from non-free. It's difficult to find a
wlan chip with free firmware. And I use flashplugin-nonfree from
contrib. I would really like it to find replacements, but at the moment
I don't have them.

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.

--
Paul van der Vlis Linux systeembeheer, Groningen
http://www.vandervlis.nl