[Fsf-Debian] No response?

Paul van der Vlis paul at vandervlis.nl
Fri Aug 3 17:38:07 UTC 2012

Op 03-08-12 18:13, Jason Self schreef:
> Daniel Kahn Gillmor said:
>
>> Debian Social Contract
>
> I'm reminded of what Stefano Zacchiroli said when he started this, that Debian
> already asserts a clear separation already.
>
> I also think of what the FSF has published [2], that it's "not thoroughly
> separated" to them.

I agree with the FSF when they say: "Debian also provides a repository
of nonfree software".

And even with my idea they could say: "Debian still has a repository of
nonfree software", and they have a point then.
What I want is to make some steps in the good direction: no non-free
software from the debian.org repositories.

>> two sets of infrastructure maintained
>
> I wonder if it needs to go that far? Apache has supported virtual hosts for a
> long time.

True.

> Is there an opportunity to make the separation between what "is" and "is not"
> Debian even clearer, and to do it in a way that remains consistent with Debian's
> social contract?

I think my idea would make it clearer. But not 100% sure it's worth the
work. Maybe there are other things more important.

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.

--
Paul van der Vlis Linux systeembeheer, Groningen
http://www.vandervlis.nl