[Fsf-Debian] few arguments to FSF

Dmitry Smirnov onlyjob at member.fsf.org
Fri Aug 10 12:46:55 UTC 2012

On Fri, 10 Aug 2012 15:12:34 Andrew Roffey wrote:
> Not providing nonfree software in Debian would not be censoring it. As
> you showed with your printer example, you downloaded your driver from
> the HP website.

Sorry I meant censoring the very information about availability (existence) of
non-free driver, not the driver itself. This is regarding installer's prompt
to provide a firmware. If we know such driver exist, shouldn't we tell user
about it when there is no other way to make hardware work?

Regards,
Dmitry.