[Fsf-collab] first idea

Jason Self jason at bluehome.net
Fri Jul 6 02:49:22 UTC 2012

Paul Wise said
> This list seems out of date, for example chromium-bsu upstream (me)
> switched to the clarified artistic license

That seems to be exactly what the entry says:

"...under the Clarified Artistic License since version 0.9.14.1. Distribute that
(or something based on it) and you're fine."

> I would suggest that instead of this wiki page, folks should have used
> a list of unreported/unreportable issues and where possible file bugs
> against Debian (with appropriate usertags) (and upstream) and remove
> them from that wiki page.

My understanding is that the FSF-endorsed distros do that (I know gNewSense
does.) This list is often used to provide guidance that fully free distributions
needs to use version X of or greater of a program to avoid problems, which is
why the entry for chromium-bsu is there.

I'll also point out ACE, for example, where the "Recommended Fix" is to use
version 6.0.1-1 or above. That entry also includes a reference to the Debian bug.