[Fsf-Debian] Introduction [was: Re: working with FSF on Debian Free-ness assessment]

Andrei POPESCU andreimpopescu at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 08:45:18 UTC 2012

[since I already started posting I might as well introduce myself :) ]

On Ma, 03 iul 12, 21:46:01, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:

> I think we should either get Debian in FSF [free-distros list][1], or
> document (from our POV) why Debian is not there. I'm looking for Debian
> volunteers interested in the topic and willing to participate in a joint
> Debian / FSF team that will work toward that goal without prejudices.
> The ideal outcome is an agreed upon list of Debian "bugs" that need to
> be solved, according to the usual Debian mechanisms, and with no special
> treatment due to their "political" origin. The public
> [fsf-collab-discuss][2] mailing list has been setup for the activities
> of such a team. If interested, please join the list and say "Hi" there.
>
> [1]: http://www.gnu.org/distros/free-distros.html

Hello,

I'm a Debian user since about the release of sarge (2005, wow) and have
been also active on the main user support channel (debian-user mailing
list and recently also debian-user-german). Over the years I extended my
involvement in other areas as well, like translations to my native
language, bug reporting, website, documentation, news, etc.).

I'm also lurking on more than 20 Debian mailing lists (l.d.o and
alioth), including -devel, -project and -vote, which means that I'm
quite up-to-date with major developments and I think I might be able to
contribute here.

I believe the future belongs to Free Software, even if it will take us a
long time to reach that goal.

Kind regards,
Andrei