[Fsf-Debian] Hi :-) ... and vrms ?

Bryan Quigley gquigs at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 20:06:57 UTC 2012

Obviously it is failing to be a perfect copy Virtual RMS, considering he
would certainly consider emacs documentation free.   Although in it's own
description, it does own that fact:

"In some cases, the opinions of Richard M. Stallman and the Debian project
have diverged since this program was originally written.  In such cases,
this
program follows the Debian Free Software Guidelines."

I find it to be oddly useful.  How much am I respecting my own freedom to
tinker with every part of my computer's software.  As long as nonfree and
contrib exist, I feel like it serves a purpose in Debian.  In downstream
distros,  it provides a check on how much proprietary software they are
pushing their users to.

~Bryan