[Fusioninventory-devel] GLPI/FusionInventory. OCS alternative

David DURIEUX d.durieux at siprossii.com
Thu Aug 12 19:55:08 UTC 2010

Le Mon, 9 Aug 2010 15:23:49 +0200
Gonéri Le Bouder <goneri at rulezlan.org> a écrit:

>Hi,
>
>Today, GLPI still use an OCS server to collect inventory from the
>agents. In order to prepare the future and drop OCS server, we created
>a PHP librairy designed to collect inventory from the agent in the OCS
>format.
>
>libfusioninventory-server-php (
>http://forge.fusioninventory.org/projects/fusioninventory-server-phplib
>) :
>This lib collects inventory, keep only the changes, remove the
>duplicated machines and push the final data to the main software. For
>example, if a computer1 has been renamed to computer2 and software 2
>installed. The lib will send only the difference with the first
>inventory (new name and new software).

If I remember, it's not very true, for software, it give all softwares
section and not only software installed.. perhaps we must enhance it to
only get software modified.

>On GLPI side, Walid Nouh works on another lib (
>https://forge.indepnet.net/projects/show/datainjection ) . This one is
>designed to be used by GLPI to write inventory changes in the DB.
>https://forge.indepnet.net/projects/show/datainjection This extension
>will requires GLPI 0.80.
>
>The goal is to get these two libs to work together. The first one to
>get the data, the second to write it. The glue code is very likely to
>be in the FusionInventory For GLPI plugin (
>http://forge.fusioninventory.org/projects/fusioninventory-for-glpi ).
>
>GLPI 0.72 is still in a rc stage and FusionInventory For GLPI plugin
>won't be ready before mid-October.
>
>I know Walid is on vacation somewhere in the north of america without
>Internet connection but I prefer to ask my question :) Maybe someone
>have an opinion.
>Since datainjection is the sole dependency with GLPI 0.80 and I wonder
>if it would be possible to port it to GLPI 0.72 to be able to release
>the complete GLPI+FusionInventory distribution before 2011. And if
>it's possible, do you think it make sens to do so. Maybe GLPI 0.80
>remains the best option?

Perhaps can we use it with Fusioninventory-for-glpi 2.3.0 (for GLPI
0.78), so must see with Walid if we can use lib in plugin before
integrated it in GLPI for 0.80. So we work more hard to do this but we
like it :D

David